Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Tasty Tidbits (Continued)

When I publish "Hitchhiker", I'm writing in the acknowledgements "To my baby sister, without whom this book would have been completed a couple years earlier."
Don't get me wrong: I love the child.  


I confess I got hardly any writing done; just a page and a third.  Thanks to dear little M, who demands my attention constantly.  So I will post what I did write.  Tell me what you think; as always, this is Super Deluxe Special Edition VIP Unedited stuff we've got here.  

P.S. It's continuing where we left off yesterday!

 "You can cook?" His voice was hopeful.  She laughed.  "I cooked pancakes for my aunt yesterday, and she seemed to like them - which is a compliment in itself."  All interest in food was lost to Cameron at this mere glance into Natalie's life.  "Why do you say that?  is she a food critic?"  he asked.  Nat shook her head, searching for a way to answer him without putting Aunt Becca down.  "She's not one for praising," she said dismissively.  Cameron bit his lip as if trying to decide whether or not he should press for more details.  "You live with her?" he prodded carefully.  Nat sighed.  "Yes; I have since my father died - um, since he was captured."  She leaned toward him and said seriously, "Today, you are going to be made Captain.  Whatever you want me to do, I will do it.  I just want to save my father."  Her tone was unwavering.  Cameron blinked.  "I...will remember that."  Nat nodded, satisfied.  "Good.  I want to learn how to use a gun."  He blinked again.  "Really?  That's...I mean, it's a good decision for...someone in your position...I was hoping you would...yeah, I'll talk to Jesse."

"Th-th-th-that's all, folks!" as Porky Pig would say.  
Tomorrow, I will hopefully post something about a character.  Maybe a character post about Jesse.  


  Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo,
A star shines upon the hour of our meeting, (Next time I'm not gonna say what it means)
-Ashley

2 comments:

  1. I love it!!! Amazing job! Keep it up, Ash!! I love reading your excerpts, no matter how short they are. :D

    ReplyDelete