Saturday, August 10, 2013

Character Post ~ Cameron Walker

Hey guys! This is my first post!

Here I am!  Having had so many requests for a blog, I finally decided to make one.  Maybe it will boost my motivation to write the stories I'll be blogging about, maybe it won't ;)
Cameron's likeness is based on that of actor Julian Morris.

Cameron is a character from my story Hitchhiker.  You can read about it in My Works.
I personally really like Cameron.  He's a true gentleman, despite what a terrible life he's led.  
He was around ten years old when he ran away from abusive parents to live in a shack in the middle of nowhere.  He met a man named Adrian Ross, who took a liking to him and offered to sort of adopt him.  Cameron agreed, and Adrian introduced him to the underground top-secret facility which Adrian captained.  He called it "The Safe House", and it had at first been a research facility.  Then another top-secret organization rose up with evil intentions, and The Safe House was called upon to stop them, becoming a secret military base as well as a research base.  
Cameron learned fast everything Adrian taught him.  He became smart, strong, and skilled in pretty much every art of self-defense and offense.  Adrian even lined him up to be Captain when Adrian himself no longer could.  
Cameron was only fourteen when he and Adrian were captured while on a spy mission into the enemy HQ.  They were placed in separate prisons and Cameron knew not what was happening to his beloved Captain.  His captors set him to work in their mines, where all their prisoners worked to supply "Them" (having not thought of a name for them, I merely say "Them" and "They") with the materials needed for their weapons and resources.  Sometimes they would attempt to drug his food to get information, but he hardly ate anything, so their attempts always failed.
When he turned 16, they began to resort to worse methods of extracting information such as torture, but it was unusual that they would be so focused on him when they had the Captain of the Safe House in their grasp also.  Cameron later realized they must have been using him as insurance that Adrian would do what they wanted.


I've been depicting him as a bit dramatic so that when I go through and edit everything, I will know his thoughts and be able to write him a little better, but with his true heart in mind.  Here is a little blurb from my story:

"The only thing that kept me alive, my only consolation, was a fellow prisoner who encouraged me by his example.  He was an older man, but he never gave in, never gave up, always stood up when he was knocked down.  Every day when I was dragged out of some torture room, he soothed my pains and gave me strength to fight another day.  When I escaped, he forced me to leave him behind, because he thought he would slow me down..." Cameron's voice cracked.  He put his head in his hands and was silent.

Before you say that anyone would act a little dramatic with that experience in their past, I must remind you that he is a fully trained soldier who has been taught all his life that junk happens.  Anyway, I'll change it when I go through it a second time.  Right now, I want to write from his heart.

Cameron is a level-headed, mature young man despite the fact that the past four years of his life were spent in a prison cell.  He's quick-thinking and kind.  But he can also be a little hot tempered, especially when his honor and pride as a soldier are tested.  He is also extremely protective of Natalie, leading him to butt heads with some of his superiors.  

My writing account on Pinterest, Weaver of Worlds,  has a board dedicated to Cameron.

 Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo,
A star shines upon the hour of our meeting,
-Ashley 

7 comments:

  1. I know the embarrassing story feeling. Fortunately, most of mine have been lost in computer upgrades. UNfortunately, one of them (the longest and worst), survived. It's awful.
    Anyway. I shall be following your career with great interest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, glad to know someone understands ;) Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Your Story sounds so good!!! Hurry up and write it please ;)

    ReplyDelete